Pages

Kale, Quinoa & Cranberry Salad

So this delicious dish was my first ever attempt at making kale without cooking it.  I'll admit, I was extremely intimidated by this little salad because kale has such a strong flavor that I worried it would be too harsh.  But it turned out great and my hubs raved about it after just the first bite! 

Cheers to tasty adventures, :) 

- Marlayna




3 Small bunches Red Kale
1 small pouch dried cranberries
1 bag of sliced almonds, toasted
3 scallions, sliced
2 cups cooked red (or white) quinoa (use package directions to cook)
1.5 tablespoons mayo
2 tablespoons white vinegar
salt & cracked pepper to taste


I simply tore up the kale into bite sized pieces and tossed in the toasted almonds (400 degrees for roughly 7 minutes, being careful to watch them so they don't burn), cranberries, scallions and (cooled) quinoa.  Then I mixed the mayo, vinegar, salt & pepper in a separate bowl, topped the salad and tossed. If the dressing is too tart for you, you could add just a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and that should sweeten it just enough.


TIP 1:
The dressing softens the kale just perfectly and because kale is such a sturdy green, it holds up really well, even overnight. I loved the combo of sweet cranberries and tangy dressing, plus all the health benefits of kale. Hope you like it too! Enjoy!